Wednesday 5 December 2012

18th day on the plot

Weather: 2 degrees and a very cold north wind. Bright clear sun after a cold night frost. Ice on the lower parts of the plot by the shed.

A quick visit to the plot today, for an hour in between the various icy stormfronts. I'd anticipated the cold with layers and thermals, but it was still a bit nippy. But I hoed, dug out a few more weeds, and battened down a plastic ground sheet that was threatening to start blowing around.

It seems that the new giant compost hopper isn't likely now to go on the site of my shed (there was a possibility of that), although that needs to be confirmed.

I also found I was digging out a few more potatoes. Not many, but enough to pad out a pan of curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! Comments get held for approval, but I hope to post yours soon!